React Native is a framework that is used for developing mobile applications.
React js uses react-router for navigating web pages.
React native uses the navigator library for navigation mobile applications.
Animation ; CSS is used for creating styling in react js .
Stylesheet is used for styling in react native.
UI Rendering; Virtual DOM is used to render browser code in react js.
Native APIs are used to render components in mobile applications..
Usage ; React js is used for developing web based applications.
React native is used for mobile application development.
React js will use HTML tag .
React native will not use HTML tag.
Start release year is 2013
Start release year is 2015.
React js can be executed on all the platforms .
React native will need some extra effort to run this on different platforms .
React js and React native bothe are developed by Facebook .
React js posses high security where as in React native, it provides low security in comparison to JS.
React JS renders HTML tags in its user interface . React components can include Simple HTML tags .
React native renders JSX in its user interface. React native supports specific JSX tags which are used.
External Library support
React JS supports third-party packages but lacks a native library.
React Native lacks both native libraries and third-party package support.
Advantages of React JS
- Easy to learn and use; It is much easier to learn and use..
- Creating dynamic web applications becomes easier ; It provides less coding and gives more functionality.
- Reusable components ; You can reuse code components in React JS , saving a lot of time .
- Performance enhancement ; It improves performance due to virtual DOM .
- The Support Of Handy Tools; React JS support a handy set of tools which make the task of the developers understandable and easier .
- Convenient debugging ; It improves the debugging speed making your developers life easier .
- Optimized Performance ; Virtual DOM is one of the defining features of Reat Js which guarantees a minimum update time to nthe real DOM , provides higher performance and a better user experience .
Advantages of React Native
- Cross platform usage ; It works for both platform android and ios devices .
- Community support ; Being an open source framework ,React native enables the entire community opf developers to examine all documentation concerning this technology free of any charge and also allows them to contribute to it whenever they want .
- Hot Reloading ; This feature is derived from the Hot Module Replacement [HMR]. It helps in updating the files and keeping them at a certain place while the app is functioning .
- Strong performance for mobile environment ; The React native architecture is very well tuned to mobile devices . It makes use of the GPU [ Graphics processing unit ] , while native platforms are more CPU [ Central processing unit ] intensive .
Applications of React JS
- Facebook; React JS is used for the web version of Facebook.com.
- Instagram; React JS is used for the web version of Instagram.
- Asana; A leading project management tool, employed react to address client-side performance problems. The front end was rewritten in React JS.
- Netflix; As written on the Netflix blog, React enabled them to build a tremendous foundation. It was adopted because of its startup speed, runtime performance, and modularity.
Applications of React Native
- Facebook mobile applications: Main app and Facebook ads are built on React native for android.
- Instagram App: React native was integrated into Instagram’s native app.
- Skype: Skype announced that the app will be completely rewritten in React Native. It was used for mobile platforms and also for the Windows desktop app.